everything bagel pizza knots

Let me start by saying that I've never claimed to be a professional knot maker. When I was a kid, my camp counselor looked me dead in the eyes in knitting class and said "Honey, knots aren't your thing. Let's get you into some painting instead." 

While normally in this new female-empowering culture that we reside in I'd look back and stick it to this woman for crushing the dreams of 8-year-old Melissa, she was right.

I can't make a knot for shit.

And unbeknownst to me, not only does my lack of knot making ability apply to thread, it apparently also applies to pizza dough. And you know what? I'm okay with that. Because what's more fun than a big weird-shaped blob of bubbly dough?

Literally nothing.



There really is no science to making pizza knots, garlic knots, or in this case -- everything bagel knots. You need very few ingredients if using ready-to-use dough, (like I did here because I mean what type of time do you think I have?) and 20 minutes in the oven for soft and flavorful bread ball things to dip in the sauce of your choosing.

The last time I made these (not everything bagel style) I showed them in my pesto sauce post and everyone and their mother was asking what the hell they were.

I get it.

I CAN'T MAKE A FUCKING KNOT TO SAVE MY LIFE.


The good news is shape doesn't matter here, so if you're like me and still make bunny ears to tie your shoes, you'll do just fine. It's a simple roll, twist, and pull - and then you slather on melted butter, oil, and herbs as if your life depended on it. They fluff up like the fat part of a pizza crust and just make life better overall.


I decided to try something new and toss on some everything but the bagel seasoning and whoa -- life-changing. It tasted like I was eating a hot baby bagel which helped me justify the fact that I made these at 10AM. Unlike traditional garlic knots, I totally feel like these can pass for something to make for breakfast. 

I just gave you the excuse to eat pizza dough for breakfast so don't say I never did anything for you.


I failed the painting class, too.


everything bagel pizza knots

you'll need:

- 1 package pizza dough (I actually get mine from my local pizzeria)
- 2 tbs butter, melted
- 3 tbs olive oil
- garlic powder (I don't measure)
- dried parsley (I don't measure
- everything bagel seasoning (such as the one found at Trader Joe's)
- marinara sauce for dipping (optional)

how to:

Preheat your oven to 400 and grease a large baking sheet.

Cut your pizza dough into 3" slices and roll into a log. Twist one end into the other to make a knot, then place on the prepared baking sheet. Continue until all knots are complete.

Cover with plastic wrap and pop in the fridge for 5 minutes.

While knots are firming, melt your butter for 30 seconds in the microwave and stir. Add in your olive oil, garlic powder, and dried parsley and mix to combine.

Using a sauce or pastry brush, brush butter mixture onto each knot making sure to get the sides. Sprinkle on your everything bagel seasoning and pop into the oven for about 20 minutes. This will vary depending on the dough that you use, so keep an eye on them after the 15-minute mark. Sometimes I take them out halfway through and spritz on some olive oil spray if I feel like they aren't browning up enough. Again, this will totally vary so just make it your own!

I'm going to need you to eat one right away while they're still hot and delicious, but these will last all day + overnight for ultimate yumminess before they get ~hard~

ENJOY!